Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bubba Gump Mexican Style


Matt loves shrimp sometimes I think we should call him Bubba. I think he would eat them every night if he could. He love for shrimp is only second to his love for his mom's enchiladas. This lead me to invent a Shrimp Enchilada recipe. Again a family favorite, I know Uncle Mike was a big fan!



Shrimp 2 pounds (cooked if you are busy)
Block of cream cheese (reduced fat is okay)
Tortillas (soft taco size)
8 oz whipping cream
2 chipotles adjust for spice level ( small can)
1 can diced tomatoes
Grated Monterrey Jack Cheese

Spray the bottom of the 9 x 13"pan
Cook your shrimp if you are not using cooked.
In a tortilla spread cream cheese and shrimp
Roll up place in pan
In a blender mix chipotles, tomatoes & cream
Pour over tortillas
Add cheese to the top
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes

If you want to cook the shrimp heat about a table spoon of cooking oil, add 2 chipotles & shrimp. Sauté until pink. Remove chipotles before adding shrimp to tortillas. Enjoy. Makes about 8 enchiladas
I serve with some Mexican Style Rice and maybe a Margarita!

No comments: