Sunday, July 29, 2007

Turkey Meatballs

I love my mom's meatballs. When she makes them Beckie & I can hardly stay out of the fridge. I make a version with Turkey to make them a little healthier. This seems like a lot of meatballs but the only thing better than Spaghetti & Meatballs is Meatball subs, so make extra for sandwiches!

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup water (more or less)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 medium onion
garlic
salt
pepper

Mix all ingredients together except water. Add water slowly. Mixture should be moist but not so that the meatballs fall apart.
Shape meatballs to desired size and place on a broiler pan (I wet my hands before shaping each meatball and it helps make a nice meatball.) Broil until outside is slightly brown on one side and then turn and broil the other side. If you are using them tonight put the meatballs in the sauce for about 20 minutes before serving. Freeze the rest!

No comments: