After dinner & desert in Cabo, the waiters will typically offer you a Mexican Coffee, which is really more of a show than a beverage. They light it on fire and pour it between to cups. Me, I am more of a cappuccino gal. What I do love in Mexico is the Sangria. Sangria is fun because there are no serious rules with it, choose a wine, add some fruit & some fizzy beverage. I had a champagne Sangria once, it was amazing. My friend who made it said the champagne was horrible on it's own. So when life gives you bad wine...make Sangria! Here is a recipe my a friend gave me years ago, it is always a hit!- 1 Bottle of red wine (You can use anything here I actually love those cheap jugs of Sangria, Carlo Rossi Brand is good!)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar (I use Splenda, every little bit helps)
- 1/3 cup brandy ( I keep a bottle of good brandy in the bar, you never know when someone fancy will stop by, although I use it more in deserts)
- 2 Cups club soda or diet Sprite
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. Here are some other fruit ideas to use: sliced strawberries (add these at the last minute they get mushy) , peaches, handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple tidbits...you can really do anything.
Salud!

No comments:
Post a Comment