Friday, August 31, 2007

Lower Calorie Spinach Dip


Everyone loves Spinach Artichoke dip but the calories in the original are practically dinner! I make a lower fat & calories version & you won't miss the original. I add shredded Mexican cheese to the top of mine and as my sister said that takes it to a whole new level! I buy either light or baked tortilla chips for this, be careful with your chips & check the labels sometimes the so called light chips have more fat than other regular brands.

Heat the oven to 400. In a large bowl combine:
1 10 ounce box of frozen spinach drain the excess water out
1 12 ounce can of artichoke hearts chopped & drained
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
3/4 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup grated low fat Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Scrape into small baking dish & bake for 15 minutes.

No comments: