Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update on the Turnovers


We are taking a break from Mexico. My cousin Kristin (who I think is the number fan of this blog) made the blueberry turnover recipe, and noticed that I forgot to tell you when to add the sugar! As I was fixing it I realized, if you know how to make a sweet turnover, you can also make a savory one, which make great hors d'oeuvres. Now turnovers are great because all you have to do is start with your basic shape & change the filling. And not sprinkle with sugar!!
Here are some easy fillings: (Try to come up with some of your own & email them to me!)
Spinach
1/2 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed of excess water
1/2 bunch of green onions
grated3/4 c. Monterey Jack
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Salt to taste
Mix it all up & stuff!
Asparagus with Goat Cheese
1 cup of cooked asparagus (steam it) chopped in to 1 inch pieces
3 slices proscuitto chopped small
1/2 cup goat cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Salt to taste
Mix & stuff
Like I said before you could really go crazy & experiment with fillings. If you find something fab, share!

No comments: