Sunday, September 2, 2007

Matt's Mom's Enchiladas


When Matt & I first started dating he told me his favorite food was his mom's chicken enchiladas. I am a little competitive in the kitchen so I set out to make my own recipe that I hoped would become his favorite. After a few attempts I coincided & called Pat to ask for her recipe, it really is the best!

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion quartered
1 bay leaf
4 oz can green chiles
8 peppercorns
8 oz heavy cream
Tortillas
Monterrey Jack Cheese
OPTIONAL:
1 can Rotel
1 can Green or Red Enchilada Sauce

Place Chicken in a pan cover it with water, add onion, bay leaf & peppercorns. Boil for 20 minutes, drain & allow to cool.
Preheat your oven to 350. Once cooled shred the chicken, Fill tortillas with chicken, green chiles & some cheese. Place in 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam. Pour cream over tortillas & top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream & guacamole.
Here is the optional part.
You can spice up your sauce by either blending a can of Rotel or Enchilada sauce with your cream in the blender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe...I'm making these tonite for the in-laws.
Love
B