I admit I am not a big football fan, in fact I had never been to a game until my friend Dani took me to one, I was 27 at the time. I think I might also be the worst fair weather fan there is, if I know someone who is on a team that's who I cheer for, I have no allegance to the city in question, I feel the same way about baseball. On the other hand I love the idea of Sunday night football with the guys. I am sure they would be happy to order pizza & wings, but I think cheddar & beer soup is the way to go. Your man should be impressed by the fact that you know how to cook with beer! You could probably also do some wings ;)Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stirring constantly, add the flour and cook for 3 minutes; the mixture will clump. Still stirring constantly, add the broth slowly and cook until a thick, smooth paste forms, 3 minutes. Still stirring, slowly add the milk, then the beer. Cook until the foam subsides and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the Cheddar, salt, pepper, sugar, and hot sauce (if using) and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice the baguette. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with additional grated Cheddar and the baguette slices.
Meanwhile, thinly slice the baguette. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with additional grated Cheddar and the baguette slices.

1 comment:
Hi Jessie! Brandon and I LOVED this one. It was super easy (which is what I need) and so delicious!
Post a Comment