I would love to tell you that I personally have all the best recipes for everything, but I don't. So I email people that I know have the best recipes & ask for them very nicely. I am so excited to bring you this recipe from Jessica Waldron & Terry Abend in Idaho. Jessica was my roommate when I lived in Salt Lake. Her mom Terry is a spectacular cook, even making me homemade soup when I ate too many funnel cakes & rode the tilt-a-whirl at the Idaho State Fair, I know too much information but we have all been there! When Jess would go home Terry would make us the best Sugar Cookies, always shaped like the season & iced beautifully. I would anxiously wait for Jessica to get back so we could watch 90210 & eat cookies! Here is the recipe & I guess you could watch 90210 on the Soap Opera network or substitute a more current show :) This adorable cowboy is Jessica's son Jaxon, such a cutie! This is his Halloween picture from last year, his mom said he won't let her pick his costumes anymore so he is going to be a Transformer this year.
Sourcream Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups shortening
3 eggs
5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
Cream the sugar and shortening together. Add the baking powder, eggs, and flavorings. Then mix the baking soda into the sour cream in a seperate container. Add the sour cream mixture and flour alternating to the batter. Chill Dough for 1 hour. Roll out and cut out shapes. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Frosting
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 box of powder sugar
Mix all the ingredients together and add food coloring as you like.

1 comment:
ooh, copying this recipe now....i'm dying for a great sugar cookie recipe, as i never can seem to get them right. and the fact that she uses cream cheese icing is right up my alley!
thanks!! :)
Post a Comment