In most parts of the country you will be enjoying the cool fall weather in October. Except in Scottsdale where it is 5 pm & 95 degrees out. One of my favorite things about fall is the fall produce you can buy at local farm stands. I was talking to my mom yesterday & she was telling me about all the fun gourds & squash for sale in Brigham City, Utah. That got me thinking of Squash Soup. This is a great recipe & a little simpler than others I have ran across. I think Squash Soup is such a fun dinner on those nights when the weather is getting crisp. Enjoy!
Melt butter over low heat. Stir in leeks and cook until softened. Add zest, squash, and nutmeg; stir for 2 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat, covered, until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Puree in a food processor or blender (do in two batches). Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. For a real treat serve with grown up grilled cheeses. Use a baguette & fancy cheese like Gouda.

No comments:
Post a Comment