I am always so excited when I receive an email about the blog. After I posted Aunt Karen's soup recipe earlier this week she sent me another. Yeah!!I have made no secret that I love soup in the winter, so here is another to try. I confess, I have not made it yet, so the photo I am posting with it is one of Aunt Karen, my Dad & my Grandpa at Kristin's wedding. Hope everyone enjoys, I will report back when I make it.
Italian Vegetable Soup
1-2 lbs. bulk Itailian sausage ( I use half mild and half hot)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1-2 medium zucchini, sliced
1-2 medium yellow squash, sliced
1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes ( I use Muir Glen fire roasted) undrained
1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans , drained
2 cans ( 10.5 oz.) low sodium beef broth
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
Cook sausage and onion together until sausage is no longer pink, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients ( except cheese). Simmer until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment