Monday, December 10, 2007

Punchy Punch

At our holiday party, we decided to serve beer, wine & a punch. The made up punch recipe soon was christened punchy punch. (It cold have been the mix of sugar & alcohol that we were being silly) But the punch was delicious. Here is how to make it.

First great punch should have an ice ring. I loke most people do not own an ice ring mold, but in the kitchen as in life you can improvise. I have this great silicone cupcake pan that is shaped like flowers, so I used that. You can link here to buy a holiday themed set. I made 2 cans of limeaide, added 2 cups of sugar & 4 cans of water, to make strong lime ice cubes. I poured the mixture into my cup cake molds and 6 hours later voila beautiful flower shaped ice!

Next I added some of my ice to the bottom of the punch bowl, truthfully I don't have a punch bowl but I have a gorgeous oversized glass footed vase from Potterty Barn, like this, that worked perfectly.

Pour 1/3 of the height of your bowl with vodka, 1/3 with limeaide & 1/3 with cranberry Sierra Mist. If you want to be very fancy float lime slices & cranberries on top.

Keep the glasses & the punch bowl full for a party with punch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might be the cutest ever!