
It was an exciting day for me, I fortunate enough to have a recipe shared with me & a recipe from Susan Baca, my cousin Kristin's mother in law, who is a fabulous cook. Susan is pictured on the left with her gorgeous granddaughter Ava. I felt very special to get this recipe because I hear Susan only shares with family! (I did ask permission to post it) Hope everyone enjoys, it sounds wonderful. (When ever I am emailed a recipe I copy & paste it exactly, I think it is more fun to read it the way the chef wrote it!)
1 pound of Spinach
1 pint of Strawberries....I tend to use more
½ cup pecans (toasted)
Dressing:
1/3 cup Raspberry Vinegar (NOT the balsamic)
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar (I used the sugar substitute splenda)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Put dressing mixture in a container, chill well and shake often...I don't put the dressing on until just before serving because otherwise it gets soupy.....
I double the spinach, strawberries, pecans but the dressing is more then enough for that plus some.
1 pint of Strawberries....I tend to use more
½ cup pecans (toasted)
Dressing:
1/3 cup Raspberry Vinegar (NOT the balsamic)
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar (I used the sugar substitute splenda)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Put dressing mixture in a container, chill well and shake often...I don't put the dressing on until just before serving because otherwise it gets soupy.....
I double the spinach, strawberries, pecans but the dressing is more then enough for that plus some.
Thanks Susan! Hope you will grace me with another recipe :)

No comments:
Post a Comment