I had an eventful evening with one of our cars breaking down in the middle of Frank Lloyd Wright BLVD, one of the busiest streets in Scottsdale, during rush hour. The nice thing about breaking down is it reminds you of how many nice people there are in the world. I was assited by five different gentleman, Alex one of my best friends, my dear father in law Jim and of course my darling husband. I wish I had all the addresses of the Good Samaritains who helped me because I would make them some fabulous cookies.1 cup butter
12 oz. Chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cups sugar
1 4 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour,oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda . Add chocolate chips, hersheybar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.Makes 56 cookies, enough for all your Good Samaritans.

1 comment:
I'm so glad there are Good Samaritans out there that helped you out of a very bad situation !! I think these cookies look like a great thank you gesture.
Post a Comment