Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheese Frenchies:The perfect Wii Bowling League Food


This recipe comes from my Uncle Mike. (Kristin is Uncle Mike & Aunt Karen's daughter.) Uncle Mike is a great cook (famous for his pulled pork) but this was a secret recipe I had never heard about. Here it is:
Brandon and Kristin bought a Wii and started a Wii bowling league with four couples playing every Thursday night. Each week, one couple is assigned to bring ‘bowling alley food.” It’s been great – pizza, buffalo wings, tacos and tamales. For our night, we made one of my childhood favorites – Cheese Frenchies, made famous by King’s restaurant out of Lincoln, Nebraska. It’s not health food, but truly bowling alley food:
Cheese Frenchies
Source of Recipe - Possibly Kings Food Host
List of Ingredients
6 slices of white bread
6 slices of American Cheese*
2 eggs
2 Tbls. water
4 cups crushed
Corn Flakes
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Mayo or Miracle Whip
Oil to fry
Instructions
1. Remove the crusts from the bread.
2. Spread the mayo or miracle whip on bread
3. Insert cheese slices between pieces ( two slices per sandwich)
4. Cut diagonally to form a triangle.
5. Freeze one hour
6. Mix cornflake crumbs and bread crumbs in one bowl
7. Mix egg and water in another bowl
8. Remove from freezer and dip into egg then coat w/ crumbs
9. Freeze overnight.
10. Deep fry till golden brown
...Final Comments *American cheese is important to use

Thanks Uncle Mike! If you have a recipe you would like to share with me, leave a comment or email me. Matt & I also have a Wii, although we do not have a bowling league...I have to admit my favorite Wii activity is making Mii characters, I was very excited when I saw that some bored person had created the cast of Lost, our favorite TV show!


No comments: