This recipe is from my mom, who makes great soups. When I was a kid I liked broccoli but I would only eat the tree tops. This recipe uses tree tops. Cream of Broccoli Soup (about 10 cups of soup)
Costco sells these big bags of broccoli florets so it’s easy to make this soup any time.
4 cups chopped broccoli florets (tree tops)
1 cup chopped onion
2 leeks chopped
2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
Salt & Pepper
2 t lemon juice
Mix together and boil for 5 minutes
Remove and chop in the blender
In another larger pot:
4 T butter melted
4 T flour
Whisk the flour into the butter & cook for a couple of minutes to make a rue.
Add the chopped broccoli mixture
Add
2 cups milk or half & half
Scald to heat through.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese if you like.

No comments:
Post a Comment