Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lobster con Queso


Last night I went out with my girlfriends to Blue Adobe, Jodi has been talking about the Mesa location as long as I have known her. We are enough to have a lot of good Mexican food in Scottsdale, but this was really great. I had the enchilada stack, which was huge & delicious. Matt really enjoyed the leftovers. For me the stand out was the lobster queso dip, here is a copy cat recipe for you.
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 can mild green chilies, chopped
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1-3 tbsp. evaporated milk
paprika
6 ounces lobster meat
Melt butter; saute onions until translucent. Add garlic, salt, chilies and tomatoes.
Cut up cheese; add evaporated milk until consistency resembles thick gravy.
Cook slowly, adding milk a little at a time. Add lobster. Stir often.
Hot chilies may be added if hotter than mild Con Queso is desired. You could serve with corn chips. Blue Adobe served with flour tortilla chips which were awesome, cut flour tortillas into 6 preshaped wedges and fry in hot vegetable oil until crisp.

No comments: