
I just finished reading French Women Don't Get Fat. I picked a copy up more out of curiosity than anything, but was pleased to find some fun recipes inside. For everyone who is curious I will write a little book report this weekend. I do recommend the book. (Sorry to anyone who wants to borrow, I already promised my copy to my mom)
Mireille, the author, suggests poached pears as a healthier desert. I think that serving fruit as a desert is a beautiful idea! These poached pears sound divine!
2 cups sweet white wine, she suggests Muscat Beaumes de Venise
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 Bosc Pears, peeled, halved & cored
4 pieces of really great quality dark chocolate
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
In a heavy sauce pan bring wine & sugar to a boil, lower the heat & simmer 5 minutes. Add lemon juice & pears, cook 10 minutes at a medium heat. Remove from heat allow to cool & refrigerate. Bring pears to room temperature before serving, top each with ice cream & garnish with a piece of chocolate! As Mireille says Bonne Chance & Bon Appetit!

No comments:
Post a Comment