Saturday, May 17, 2008

Flank Steak Tips


Here is the final grill tip! When ever people hear that I write a cooking blog, I am always asked about cooking a London Broil or a flank steak. My dad makes one that is so good, it is my favorite meal when I go home. (Not that I don't miss my mom's cooking, but she taught me to make her signature dishes)

This cut of beef comes from the flank. Long and flat, the meat is slightly tough but flavorful. (It's the cut of choice for fajitas.) In fact, skirt steak has so much flavor that you don't need to use heavy marinades. Season it with salt and pepper or some fresh herbs, then throw it on the grill. (My dad uses Montreal Steak Seasoning, it is always delicious) Once it's cooked, slice the meat across the grain for maximum tenderness.

No comments: