I went to Safeway & they had top round steaks on sale for $1.49 a pound! I couldn't believe what a great deal, so I bought some with out even knowing what I was going to make. Matt & I are going to Cabo at the end of the month, we are so excited. So I decided to make us some Cabo worthy tacos, they were delicious. 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/2 pound round steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick, long narrow strips
3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, cooked according to package directions, drained
1 jalapeño chili, minced with seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder ( I have this amazing chipolte chili powder from Penzeys)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
flour tortillas
flour tortillas
Grated cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh tomatoes
Sour cream
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add steak to skillet and stir until no longer pink, about 1 minute. Return onion to skillet. Add corn, jalapeño, cumin and chili powder and stir until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat and mix in cilantro. Transfer steak mixture to heated bowl and keep warm.
Warm tortilla, I do this in a metal pie pan, I make a stack of them put them in the oven at 350 5 minutes. Serve tortillas, steak mixture, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream separately, so you can assemble tacos at the table.
Warm tortilla, I do this in a metal pie pan, I make a stack of them put them in the oven at 350 5 minutes. Serve tortillas, steak mixture, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream separately, so you can assemble tacos at the table.

No comments:
Post a Comment