
Saturday morning I decided that I had to have pancakes for breakfast. The only problem was we just had a little bit left in each box of mix, I decided we could have an impromptu pancake taste test. The brands we had were Krusteaz (which is the brand I typically buy), Fresh and Easy's buttermilk pancakes and the Lehi Roller Mill mix. The Lehi Roller Mill is probably most famous for being the place that the dance was held in Footloose. They actually mill flour there but you can order amazing mixes from them.
All the pancakes were good, you really can't go wrong with pancakes...Each mix had its merits:
Krusteaz is available at your local grocery store and only need water added to the mix.
Fresh and Easy has no preservatives so you have to add eggs and oil. But over all the Lehi Roller Mill pancakes were much more delicious. (Thanks to Tom & Keri for getting us the mix!)
Our final decision was that maybe around the holidays we would place an order from the Roller Mill to be shipped to us, so that we could have special pancakes. I think I would also order some raspberry muffin mix.
What are your favorite pancake mixes? Or do you make your pancakes from scratch?

4 comments:
i was raised on bisquick, but was fortunate enough to marry a guy who cooks - WELL. so now, all of my pancakes are made from scratch...and i have to say, i've never liked pancakes so well.
so, for nostalgia, bisquick - but for pancakes so good i'll eat them without syrup, i vote for the joy of cooking recipe, with some special adaptations.
From scratch, oatmeal pancakes are our family favorite. I am happy to share the recipe...
From a mix, I found Stony Ground Wild Flour Pancake & Waffle Mix at a local farmer's market this summer, and it is my new favorite. Especially when paired with homemade buttermilk syrup... Delicious!
Andrea-
Thanks for the comment! I would lvoe your recipe!
Jess,
Here is our recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
Beat all ingredients until smooth. For thinner pancakes, stir in 2 to 4 Tbsp of additional milk. Our favorite addition to the recipe is grated apple.
Post a Comment