Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Reader Question: Della Fontana


I had a reader question today about Della Fontana, if you are not from Salt Lake, Della Fontana was this great Italian place in a gorgeous historic church. It has closed and Ichiban Sushi has been in the church for years now. But for people from Salt Lake Della Fontana holds great memories.
Our reader was asking if there is a book that consolidates the Della Fontana Restaurant recipes into home size portions versus servings for 18 - especially for that famous Minestrone Soup recipe.
Unfortunately I am not aware of such a cookbook, my mom actually found the Minestrone recipe in the Salt Lake Tribune. When I have a restaurant recipe the is for 18 I either divide it or freeze some. You can also pick up this handy recipe divider. If I come across any other Della Fontana recipes I will certainly post them. And readers if you have one, email me!

1 comment:

Cromely said...

Apparently the owner wrote a recipe book back in 2000. I couldn't find it on Amazon; it may have been self published. There's some information about it in the this article:

http://www.newsmodo.com/display.jsp?id=5112545&page=1