Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mini Carmel Apples


This recipe comes from my friend Tracy. I love carmel apple and this is too cute that they are mini! (Plus perfect since kids are having too many treats at this time of year anyway!)
Traci says:
I LOVE caramel apples!! These are perfect because they are bite sized little treats. I found it on familyfun.com which I think sponsored by Disney. I am excited to make these with my friends little girls on Friday :-)
Mini Caramel Apples
4-inch lollipop sticks
melon baller
granny smith apples (one apple makes approx. 8 mini apples)butterscotch, peanut butter, or chocolate chips (I am guessing you could use caramel too since that is what they are called!)
Toppings:
Choose what ever you like:
chopped nuts
nonpareils
sprinkles
shredded coconut
mini chocolate chips
small paper candy cups
First, cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple). With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of the lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple piece dry.Melt the chips (or caramel) according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips and than dip into topping of choice. Place in paper candy cup to set. Once set, enjoy!!
Thanks Tracy, these are adorable! ~J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I work at USU and have email met your mother while I was visiting New England and she told me about your web site and I forwarded it to my four daughters. It is wonderful.
Dallin Phillips

Megan said...

I LOVE this...not only do I adore caramel apples, but tiny ones, you have got to be kidding?!?! I will do this...