When I was a kid my Aunt Millie would make my sister & I Penuche Fudge when we visited her. It is always my favorite fudge now, I will take it over chocolate any day. Although you could dip it in milk chocolate...1 lb. light brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt
Directions
In medium saucepan, boil milk, butter, and sugar for 15 minutes, or until it forms a soft ball in cold water.
Remove from heat. Add vanilla and salt and beat until it thickens and looses its sheen.
Pour into well buttered pan to cool.
Cut into squares.
I am going to post two more candy recipes, for a great holiday gift you could prepare an assortment of candies & deliver them on a pretty platter to friends, family, co-workers or neighbors.

1 comment:
noooooooooooooooooooo! penouche is my absolute favorite....what are you DOING to me?!
i am going to pretend i didn't see this......
Post a Comment