Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Classic:Peppermint Bark

Among all the things that Matt & I share a love of, we both love chocolate & peppermint. I have been a fan of the Williams Sonoma peppermint bark for years. While theirs is amazing, wouldn't you prefer to say you made your own :)
I like Ghiradelli for my chocolate.

Crushed candy canes, 1 cup
1 pound white chocolate
1 pound dark chocolate

Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller.
Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Pour on to a cookie sheet layered with wax paper, place in the refrgerator for 45 minutes. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with white chocolate. Pour mixture onto the dark chocolate onto the cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 more minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

1 comment:

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

ooh, i was just at williams-sonoma today & tried their peppermint bark, and i was thinking it would be so cool to make it myself! you have great timing :)