I had my heart set on Flank Steak tonight. I had one in the freezer, so I thawed it out last night so I could marinade it in the morning before work. Then the strangest thing happened, at 6 am it started to rain, not Arizona rain but a huge rain storm, well by the time my grill chef arrived home from work it was still pouring. This is why I love cooking you can always improvise! We switched our dinner plan & I broiled the steak. It was delicious, although no one makes one as good as my dad! 1 to 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
2 tablespoons Cavenders
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sprinkle Cavenders on both sides of steak. Prick steak with fork over both sides.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over steak. Marinate at least 8 hours in refrigerator. Turn steak frequently to keep coated with marinade.
Remove steak from marinade; place on a cookie sheet, heat your oven to Broil (500), cook on each side 5 minutes. Slice thinly across grain to serve.

No comments:
Post a Comment