
Since I have already shared my best mashed potatoes and I had a special request from my friend Becki for sweet potatoes that were savory, today I am going to share my Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Wild Turkey and Molasses. (You can substitute another Bourbon but it is Thanksgiving)
I made these for my first Thanksgiving 3 years ago for Matt's family, in my effort to win their hearts through their stomachs :)
While most people call them sweet potatoes, the orange colored potatoes are actually yams, just an FYI for your shopping. Plan on about 1 yam per person, that way you can adjust as needed.
6 small yams (around 3 pounds)
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons Molasses
3 Tablespoons Wild Turkey
Salt & Pepper to taste
pinch of all spice
pinch of nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 400, wash the yams & dry them. Poke holes in like when you bake potatoes, Place them on the oven rack & bake for 45 minutes. Cut the yams in half, be careful they will be hot. Scoop the flesh in to a mixing bowl, add all other ingredients. You can either mash them with a potato masher, I prefer to use my Kitchen Aide. At this point you can set them aside & then just heat them through on the stove top. Transfer to a pretty bowl & top with a little butter. Take a shot of the Wild Turkey if it has been a rough Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:
ooh, FABULOUS!!! can't wait to try these :) thanks, babe!
Post a Comment