
While in Utah for Christmas, my mom & dad's neighbor's were always dropping treats by. (I admit I will not eat things from kitchen's that I do not know the people who are cooking, but lucky for me this treat came from a neighbor I know) This Christmas treat is the perfect mix of sweet & salty.
4 ounces saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate. Cool completely and break into pieces.

2 comments:
really? this sounds so weird! but i trust you....and the salty toffee definitely is tempting.
think i'm finally going to try your penuche recipe this week too!
This toffee is the best. A combination of sweet and salty. The only reason we stopped eating it is because it was GONE. Until our neighbor brought over more !
Post a Comment