Thursday, January 31, 2008

Banana Bread with Coconut & Pecans

I love when readers request a recipe, Susan Baca, (my cousin Kristin's lovely mother in law) asked today if I had a banana bread recipe. I actually felt bad, I in fact have two amazing recipes for Banana Bread. The first is a little less traditional, it comes from the famed Magnolia Bakery in New York City. By the way, even if you only get as far as toasting the pecans, you house will smell wonderful.

3 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. oil
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 large eggs @room temp., beaten
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. ripe banana, mashed
3/4 c. sour cream
1-1/2 c. toasted, coarsely chopped pecans
3/4 c. sweetened, shredded coconut

Toast pecans @350ยบ; spread on baking sheet, 15 min., set aside.Grease/flour 10" tube pan, set aside.Keep oven on.Mix dry ing., set aside.Using med. speed, beat oil, sugar, until well blended.Add eggs, vanilla.Add bananas, sour cream.Stir in pecans, coconut.Put in pan, bake 60-70 min.Let cool 1 hour.Remove from pan.

No comments: