Monday, January 21, 2008

Flank Steak Wrap with Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese


When we have steaks I like to make a flank steak or a London Broil. The cut is so lean that you really save on the fat content. The only problem is that we wind up with a lot of leftovers. Making a wrap seems more like a meal than your typical sandwhich, just a warning: Your breath will smell if you eat this! I guess I am safe because Matt & I love smelly cheese equally! I am going to include how to cook a flank steak in case you don't have leftovers.
salt & pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
Cooking spray
6 cups vertically sliced onion
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
tortillas for the wraps
Combine first 3 ingredients; rub evenly over steak. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Preheat broiler.
Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 7 minutes on each side or until done. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
While steak cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; cover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Combine cheese and mayonnaise; spread some on each tortilla. Top each with steak and onion; roll up. Yum!

No comments: