When ever we are invited somewhere for dinner I always insist on bringing something. I am always a little disappointed when asked to bring salad, it is not that I don't like to make salad, I just always want to impress with my dish. This recipe comes from a family friend Carrie Muntz.The bright colors of the dried cranberrys with the lettuce will surely impress.
Dressing:
½ C Sugar
1/3 C Red wine vinegar
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T finely chopped Onion
½ t salt
2/3 C oil
2 – 3 tsp poppy Seeds
Salad
10 C torn Romaine Lettuce
4 oz shredded Swiss Cheese
1 medium apple cored & cubed
1 medium pear cored & cubed
¼ C Dried Cranberries
½ to 1 C Chopped Cashews
Blend in food processor or blender ingredients for the dressing.
In salad bowl combine salad ingredients (not cashews)
Drizzle with desired amount of dressing add cashews & toss.
Serve immediately
10- 12 servings

No comments:
Post a Comment