
Trying to watch your weight is so hard because you feel like you are missing out on great food. I personally have tried low-carb dieting when I need to drop a few. I always do well initially but get tired of eating chicken & steak. Tuna Steaks are a great alternative. This is a variation on the seasoning method used at Cafe Dorian, a fantastic marina side restaurant in Cabo. Adobo is a garlic, cumin, and sour-citrus marinade, when you soak jalapenos in adobo you get chipotles. If I were watching my carb/calorie in take I would eat this with a green salad, topped with Joni's salsa & a side of black beans. (Beans are en excellent source of fiber & are a great diet food)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1/2 inch thick) I like to get mine at Costco
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
Cooking spray
Lime slices (optional)
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish; add fish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning fish occasionally.
Preheat broiler. Remove fish from dish, discarding marinade. Brush oil over fish; sprinkle with pepper. Place fish on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes or until medium-rare (do not turn). Garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish; add fish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning fish occasionally.
Preheat broiler. Remove fish from dish, discarding marinade. Brush oil over fish; sprinkle with pepper. Place fish on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes or until medium-rare (do not turn). Garnish with lime slices, if desired.

1 comment:
We made this last night and loved it...thanks for all ofyour recipes, they always help me when I am in a bind or can't come up with anything for dinner. I was full and satisfied without carbs!
-Megan and Alex
Post a Comment