Friday, April 11, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Soup

We missed a day of Johnson week yesterday, I went to the eye doctor, I had my eyes dilated & just got my vision back an hour ago!
This recipe comes from Aunt Karen, she is such a good mom she used to make this for Kristin & Kaitlin when they were little.

6 c. chicken broth ( I use Pacific organic free range chicken broth from Costco)
6 potatoes
3-4 boiled chicken breasts
1- 2 tsps. chicken flavored soup base
2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 bag frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli mix ( I think it is called California Blend)
1 lb. reduce fat Velveeta cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. chopped celery
Cut up potatoes and boil with salt and pepper in broth. Add chicken flavored chicken base when potatoes are almost done. Add vegetables, cook until almost done. Add soup, Velveeta and cheddar cheese and shredded cooked chicken. Simmer on low stir so cheese is well blended. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: