Monday, April 14, 2008

Shrimp, Feta & Zucchini

Friday night's dinner was a variation on my chicken & zucchini saute.
This actually was just as good if not better than my chicken recipe. As we were eating I was thinking I need to make this for my family when we go to Colorado in May for my cousin Kaitlin's graduation from CSU. With my eyes still not focusing so well (By the way, if you have your eyes dilated it can take up to 48 hours for them to return to normal) I decided not to run to the store to make dinner. Fortunately I have some staples on hand for nights like this. Here is what you will need.
1 1/2 pound bag of medium sized shrimp can be frozen
3 medium sized zucchini (sliced as thin as you can)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cavender's (enough to season the shrimp)
2 tsp. oregano
1/3 cup feta
1/2 cup white wine
Rice to serve the shrimp over

In a skillet heat the olive oil & saute the garlic, season with oregano. Add the zucchini, cook a few minutes. Add the shrimp, season heavily with Cavender's, turn until they change to pink. Add feta & wine, saute 2 more minutes. Serve over rice. This is a great quick & easy dinner.

No comments: