
I was on the phone with my mom earlier & she asked me how long you bake wings for, honestly I had no idea. When ever I make "wings" I make them from chicken tenders. I looked around and one of my favorite recipe sources Food & Wine had a solution to my mom's question & a recipe that sounds really tasty!
If I were to make this, which I think I will soon, I will substitute chicken tenders, I am more of a tender girl! By the way to answer my mom's question 425 for 25 minutes. (I was pretty close I guessed 425 for 20 minutes)
4 pounds chicken wings
3 tablespoons cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
¼ pound blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
2 scallions, including green tops, chopped
5 teaspoons vinegar
¼ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
¼ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
8 ribs celery, cut into sticks
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the wings, oil, garlic, 1 ½ teaspoons of the salt, and the cayenne. Arrange the wings in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake until just done, about 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, scallions, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and the black pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, the remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar, and the Tabasco sauce. Add the wings and toss to coat. Serve with the celery stick and blue-cheese dressing alongside.

1 comment:
The wings did take a little longer to cook to get nice and crispy. I had marinated them in a garlic italian dressing so it took about 35-40 minutes to get them crisp. They were good.
Post a Comment