Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Slow Roasted Rosemary & Garlic Chicken

When ever I post a crock pot recipe everyone seems excited about it. I guess that is because everyone is busy at work!
I love recipes with rosemary because it is a shrub in Arizona, so I can snip some from the neighbors when I want to make chicken.

10 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
4 bone in chicken breasts with skin
4 (3-inch) rosemary sprigs
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Combine minced garlic and chopped rosemary. Rinse chicken breasts with cold water; pat dry. Loosen the skin from breasts by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub garlic mixture under loosened skin over chicken. Place rosemary sprigs under the skin. Place chicken, meaty side of the breast down, in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on high heat for 1 hour. Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving drippings. Discard skin from chicken.
Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a small saucepan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat. Add orange juice and vinegar to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.

No comments: