Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Buffalo Chicken and Salsa Salad!

I love when friends send me their recipes. This one is from my friend Trisha in Colorado. Trish is a busy mom of little Reese, but she still makes time to whip up a fabulous dinner for her hubby! The picture is of the gorgeous Lemnah family at the aquarium.

From Trish:

Hey there! Just checked out your blog...it is looking great! I noticed all the salsa recipes...so I though I would add another...I made it last night and it was amazing. I served it on a bed of lettuce with sticks of celery... and topped it off with buffalo chicken I had baked....and Viola Buffalo Chicken and Salsa Salad!

Sweet Salsa:

In a bowl mix -

1 can black eyed peas

1 can shoe peg corn

1 can black beans

1 small jar pimentos

1 can sliced jalepenos - chop

Chop 2-3 stalks celery

Chop 1 small red onion

On stove stir: 1 cup olive oil, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cider vinegar. Cook until sugar dissolves. Pour over all above listed ingredients and marinate overnight. Strain liquid and serve with nacho chips.


Thanks Trish, sounds yummy!

No comments: