Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home from Cabo :(


We are sadly home from our trip to Cabo. We had the best time. We stayed at the Finisterra Hotel, the hotel is an older hotel but it is well kept. Sitting on top of a hill near the Pedrigal, the views are incredible & the location is perfect if you want to be able to walk to town. (Which you will to burn off all those tacos!)
Some of the restaurants that we loved were:
Pepe's (across the mall) The tacos at Pepe's are simple but amazing. They use the small sized corn tortillas, the meats are diced very small & the cheese is melted on top. They serve them with a great pico de gallo & tomatillo sauce. The best part, they are cheap! $1.50 per taco.
O Mole Mio (in Plaza de Sol, near Cabo Wabo) The tacos here were also good but they can't touch Pepe's. What we loved about O Mole Mio, the atmosphere & margaritas. The place is decorated with Day of the Dead Dolls, I took the picture of the bride at the restaurant.
D' Right Joint-(On the Marina) Again great 'Ritas and great marina views
Pocho's(On the Marina, near the mall entrance) Pocho's serves food flambe at your table which is exciting to see the flames. The waiters are spirited & friendly, all spoke great English. We had the tortilla soup, fabulous and the fish special. The special was a stuffed Mahi Mahi fillet, topped with sauteed scallops & shrimp, then topped a creamy champagne sauce. I am going to start testing how to make this & when I figure it out I will post!
I used to always rave about the Baja Cantina, their seared tuna was my favorite. Well this year there was no tuna. I had the halibut, I rarely complain about food at restaurants, but this was overly salted and dry. Matt's shrimp tacos were good, but Cabo is full of great tacos, so I would skip the Cantina.
If you have any questions about Cabo feel free to email me & I will try to answer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should hook up with the Cabo Tourist bureau and write for them !