Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mexican Chicken

How great is that Mexican Chicken? When we were in Cabo I saw this great tin rooster I wanted for my kitchen but the kitchen is too tiny, big girl house.
I came across this recipe for Mexican Chicken and thought it was a great base for other Mexican recipes, like tacos, enchiladas, tostadas or even on a taco salad.

Chicken boneless breasts
Salt
Cumin
Chili powder
Garlic cloves
Onions
Bell peppers
oregano
Cooking oil
Canned whole tomatoes or chopped
4 chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of salt cover with water, bring to boil, loosely cover.
Cook over medium low heat for 1 hour, drain saving broth. Set chicken aside to cool.
When cooled, take and cut in strips 1/4 by 1 inch would be great. In skillet add 3 tablespoons of oil, sauté` 1 medium onion, 2 medium bell peppers, sliced, then quarter, 2 cloves of garlic. Cooking over low heat till lightly sautéed, add chicken cooking 3 or 4 more minutes. In blender add 12 oz can tomatoes, 2 cups of chicken stock from our chicken.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jes,
When you get your big girl house I'll give you an Italian Chicken. Recipe looks great.