Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer Cocktails



Just in time for Friday, Summer Cocktails, I started thinking about this post when Matt & I where at the outdoor mall by our house waiting to meet our friends for a movie. Even though it was 103 in the shade, I knew it would be 40 degrees in the theatre, so I wore jeans. Well Matt asked me if I wanted to walk around & I said no I wanted a refreshing cocktail!

That same day my dear cousin Jeannie sent me a cocktail idea & I stumbled on a list of summery drinks on Forbes (yes, the money mag!). Here are some fun ideas:

Air Mail:
chilled wine glass 2 ounces Mount Gay Special Reserve White Rum 1 ounce fresh lime juice 3/4 ounces honey syrup* 2 to 3 ounces well chilled sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
Add the rum, lime juice and honey syrup to a shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Pour into wine glass and top with sparkling wine.
*Honey syrup dissolves more quickly and is easier to pour than pure honey. To make Siegal's, combine five parts inexpensive honey with two parts very hot water in a small bottle. Seal, and shake vigorously. Let cool.

Bikini-tini

3 ounces Bombay Sapphire gin squeeze of fresh lime juice 2 tbsp Blue Curacao 1 tbsp peach schnapps 1 tsp confectioners' sugar Fill a martini glass with ice and water to chill it. Half-fill a martini shaker with ice and add the gin, lime juice, Curacao, schnapps and sugar. Shake well for at least 30 seconds.
Pour out ice and water from martini glass, and poor in the mixture through a strainer. Garnish with lemon zest.

And my personal favorite J Girl's Summer in a Glass

Lemon & Rosemary! Put a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in a pitcher of sweet lemonade over night, serve on the rocks with vodka & friends!

No comments: