Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Aunt Karen's Ginger Snap Cookies

Keeping with all the Halloween treats we have been posting lately, Aunt Karen sent her Ginger Snap Cookie recipe. (I bet my mom is excited she loves Ginger Snaps!) The picture is of Matt and our niece Samantha. She is bigger now but just as cute!
Aunt Karen says:
I get many requests for these cookies, they are really good. I thought they would be good for your cooking blog.... they are a good Halloween cookie! Love, Aunt Karen

2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup molasses ( I use Brer Rabbit Full Flavor)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and egg.
Add dry ingredients. Form into balls ( on the smaller size) and roll in granulated sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.

1 comment:

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

ohhhh man, ginger snaps are my FAVE! are these ones crunchy or chewy?