Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

My friend Dani called me on Sunday and said she had been to the Ihop, she ate pumpkin pancakes and they were incredible. I thought I can make those. Here is a recipe you can try. Pumpkim pancakes would be such a fun fall brunch!
These are our pumpkins, Matt said it was too early to carve them so I drew faces on them for now. The ghost was my pick, Matt said he thought it was weird at first, but it is growing on him.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
dash of salt
2 tsps baking soda
1 cup milk
2 Tbsps vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream

Combine all ingredients. Batter will be lumpy. Spray grill with cooking spray. Bake pancakes on grill using medium heat until bubbles rise to the surface and edges are brown. Turn and bake until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or maple syrup.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love your pumpkins, so cute!

Donna said...

I have not had pumpkin pancakes, but I love sweet potato pancakes from the pancake pantry in Nashville.