
When we were in Newport, Rhode Island we ate lunch at the Brick Alley Pub. The company at lunch was great, but my turkey, artichoke and mixed greens panini was amazing. I couldn't finish it and wanted to take it with me but we were flying home. I couldn't get said panini out of my head, so I figured out how to make it. The first thing you will need is a panini press, if you don't have one you could assemble your sandwich and grill it like a grilled cheese.
You will also need some artichoke tapenade, simple to make or you can purchase some, Fresh and Easy and Trader Joe's both make a nice tapenade. This is to make 1 sandwich, increase the ingredients base on how many people you are feeding.
2 slices fresh bread (the sandwich at Brick Alley was on sour dough, a ciabatta bread would be yummy too)
2 Tablespoons Artichoke Tapenade
2 thin slices of tomato
2 ounces of thinly sliced turkey
2 slices of swiss cheese
small handful of mixed greens
Take your two slices of bread and spread some tapenade on each half, layer other ingredients in between the slices. (Spray panini press with Pam) Grill on your medium hot panini for about 3-4 minutes.
Notes on wine from Jason:
Before I get to the wine, anyone else have an old Foreman Grill... you can use it to make a panini too. Not exactly text book, but hey the economy is in the crapper and I do it all the time...So panini makes me think lunch makes me think a nice crisp white wine. Checking my latest Top 10, thinking the King Shag has to be the call here. Enjoy!

1 comment:
Before I get to the wine, anyone else have an old Foreman Grill... you can use it to make a panini too. Not exactly text book, but hey the economy is in the crapper and I do it all the time...
So panini makes me think lunch makes me think a nice crisp white wine. Checking my latest Top 10, thinking the King Shag has to be the call here. Enjoy!
Post a Comment