Thursday, September 18, 2008

Artichoke Tapenade

I am reading the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, so far it's great. One of the interesting things in the book was a poll done where people where shown the plant and had to guess the vegetable that grew on it, most people couldn't guess! Here is your botany lesson for the day, this plant is where artichokes come from!
I used an artichoke tapenade quite often in my kitchen, I will add a spoonful to chicken that I am sauteing, use it a topping for bruschetta or as a sandwich spread. Here is a simple recipe for a tapenade. This will stay good for 3 days, you can freeze the extra.
1 c frozen artichoke hearts, de-frosted
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp white pepper

Toss everything in you food processor, and blend.

No comments: