
Last year I shared a recipe for a Maple Glazed Turkey, I have another great turkey recipe up my sleeve but first a turkey tip. As the holiday gets closer, I always get the question of how to keep the bird moist, there really isn't anything worse than dry turkey. We all remember the scene from Christmas Vacation! A friend of mine taught me this trick years ago and it works like a charm.
What ever the recipe you are using, start your turkey breast side down. The last hour flip the bird over to brown the breast. The juices will all flow down into the breast keeping it perfectly moist. If you don't have a pan with a roasting rack you can layer slices of carrots, onion and celery between the breast meat and the bottom of the pan. If you are in the market for a roasting pan this Thanksgiving, I personally have the Calphalon Classic Non-Stick Roaster from Bed Bath and Beyond, a bargain at $59.

1 comment:
Thought I might share my Trader Joe’s Thanksgiving Wine Picks. Guessing they go even better when you keep the turkey moist. Enjoy your vacation Jessie!
Post a Comment