My friend Jenny emailed me yesterday looking for a dinner idea for two people on Christmas. I think whether you are cooking for two or twenty you should keep dinner as simple as possible so you can enjoy your time with family. At the Minch house we usually had Prime Rib. (My Dad is not a turkey fan and I don't love ham) This year at the Buechel house I was going to make a Prime Rib but found that a Beef Tenderloin was more economical. (You can also buy a smaller cut, since there is not much fat waste.) Here is what we are having in the order I am preparing it, maybe it will help someone else out! Hors d' oeuvres (I don't think you need much here, you've been snacking all day)
I will make this tonight and put it in the freezer, just let it thaw before you bake. This recipe has apple and brown sugar, I am substituting dried cranberries for the center.
We will also have a simple cheese and crackers tray.
Main Course
I will also make these tonight and keep in the refrigerator.
These I will prepare Christmas afternoon, while people are napping and bake before dinner! I am adding carrots.
My sort of Aunt Judy's are the best. These will also need to be made Christmas day.
For this it need to marinade 6 hours, so after the presents are open, go in the kitchen to marinade this quick.
These are always a hit and quick to make. If you have kids around let them do it!
Desert
What else would we have, it is Matt's favorite! I am also making this tonight. Although I did tell Jenny to buy one of those Mrs. Smith's dutch apple pies, they are my favorite!
Have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:
Thank you for another year of recipes! Merry Christmas Buechels!
Love Kristin and Brandon
Jes,
Another very fancy & Yummy dinner.
Happy New Year !
Love
MOM
Post a Comment