Monday, December 15, 2008

My Mom's Amazing Brownies

Matt and I were planning last night what we would make for our Christmas Eve open house.  When we got to desert, I couldn't think of anything that seemed really Christmasy to me.  Then I thought of all the yummy treats my mom bakes.  Her chocolate chip cookies are famous, but my favorite is her Marshmallow Brownies. 

12" x 17 ½" pan (My mom says you can halve the recipe and use a 9" x 13" pan, but why would you ever half a brownie recipe?)

3 Sticks Butter

½ Cup Cocoa

3 Cup Sugar

6 Eggs (Added 1 at a time)

2 ½ Cup Flour

1 Tbs. Vanilla 

Bake 25 min. at 350º 

Add 1 Pkg (16 oz) mini marshmallows on top and bake another 3 minutes (be careful here, I remember a marshmallow fire once!)

Add frosting  :  Allow to cool a bit 

Chocolate Glaze Frosting

Bring to boil 1 Stick Butter

2 Tbs. Cocoa (unsweetened powder)

6 Tbs. Milk (1/3 Cup)

1 teaspoon Vanilla

Pour over 1 lb. powdered sugar and beat 

Notes:

4 & 2/3 Cup powdered sugar  = 1 pound 

No comments: