There are so many fun things that can become traditions at the holidays. One of my favorites is going to the Coach House with our friends to see the beautiful or tacky (depending on your taste) lights. For others traditions could be more about food or drinks. Here is my cousin Jeannie's Winter Sangria, maybe your next tradition!From Jeannie:
When making sangria, I have found that cheap wine and cheap cognac actually taste best, as they are sweeter!
1 big jug of cheap, fruit red wine (Carlos Rossi basic red)Cognac to taste (at least a shot)Dark Rum to taste (at least a shot)3 fresh oranges cut in twirly slices – oh so pretty if you can get one big twirl out of each orange1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice Cinnamon sticks (or cinnamon)If you are looking for an interesting spice flavor, throw in a few Star Anise as well. little sugar if needed for sweetness(A bottle of cheap champagne and/or some diet ginger ale will give it a little sweetness, too if you don’t use the sugar)
Sorry, I never use amounts, because I just judge by eye, and taste....I’m not sure if this is correct... What I like about the decanter is that none of the ice or fruit comes out. It’s very hard to drink a glass with fruit in it when you are wearing pretty holiday dresses. This sangria could even be served in a champagne flute.
This was my favorite part of this recipe: (Bill is Jeannie's beau)
Bill’s holiday cocktail recipe would be this: open a chilled bottle of Michelob Ultra. Wipe off top with a paper towel. Drink it.

1 comment:
OK, the sangira looks great, but the picture is a little scary.
Post a Comment