Friday, January 16, 2009

Super-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin


Alex found this recipe in Men's Health and I though it looked really good, so we tried it the other night. I changed it a little bit to add a bit more flavor, but it is full of protein and really low fat/cal. (this isn't my tenderloin, but it will do)

Pre-heat oven to 400
2 lb pork tenderloin
1 cup low fat ricotta
2 cups baby spinach
1 can artichoke hearts (diced)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
garlic salt
salt
pepper
olive oil
string or toothpicks
Mix ricotta, artichokes, spinach, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Butterfly the tenderloin into two separate pieces, but do not cut all the way through
Stuff tenderloin with mixture and either tie in at least five places, or use toothpicks to hold the loin together
put on foil cover cookie sheet or roasting pan
brush top with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste (not too much, just enough)
Bake for 25-36 minutes or until thickest part of loin is 160 degrees
Slice and enjoy. but look out for the toothpicks!
I served this with asparagus.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Megan,
Thanks for sharing! This looks great. I like your idea you mentioned to me of using the same filling but stuffing a chicken breast.

Donna said...

This looks great. I'll have to give it a try.