Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Day Another Shrimp Dinner

Well we have talked about it before, Matt loves his shrimp. I can't really object because shrimp do fit well into a healthy diet. When Matt wants his shrimp & I don't want to run to the store I make a version of Shrimp Scampi, because I usually have everything on hand. It's also nice to make something that requires a little wine because then you have a bottle open for a glass while you saute!
Shrimp Scampi

1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 16 to 24)
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons minced garlic
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
a shake of Cavender's Greek Seasoning (I confessed my love for this stuff before!)
PREPARATION:
Rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add shrimp, green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Serve over risotto or pasta. Matt & I usually eat Barilla pasta plus.

No comments: