Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Green Curry Chicken Le Blanc Style


While I was raving about the soup at the Moon Palace, the Le Blanc where Matt & I honeymooned had the most amazing food. My favorite was the curry dish at the Oriental restaurant. I have eaten green curry before but this was the perfect mix of sweet with spicy. I am dying to go back to have my curry!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 large sliced shallots
1 3/4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and curry paste; stir until shallots soften, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to boil. Add chicken and bell pepper; stir until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in chopped basil and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over basmati rice.

No comments: